The mission of the Graduate Advisory Board (GAB) is to serve as the voice for the graduate student community. GAB provides feedback to the University Graduate School and other university entities invested in graduate education on various topics, including:
- effective communication of policies and procedures and other timely information to students;
- opportunities to become involved at the graduate level;
- accessibility to campus resources;
- academic success and student retention; and
- feedback on graduate living and learning experience.
GAB is charged with conveying graduate student needs – personal, professional and academic – , programming ideas and policy concerns to the UGS. The University Graduate School would like input from an array of students and disciplines. It is important to have feedback from a representative cross-section of the graduate student community.
The structure for the GAB includes student representation from diverse academic disciplines and the FIU Graduate Student Funding Committee (GPSC) – a committee of the Student Government Association (SGA).
GAB will meet once or twice a month over the academic year.
Should you have additional questions regarding the GAB, please contact Ms. Claudia Balzán, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.