Options for Receiving Admissions Documents
International graduate students admitted to FIU are given three options (below) to receive their admissions documents. To choose an option, they must first complete the I-20 Delivery Preference Form. If an option is not chosen within 7 days of receiving an admission notification, the documents will be shipped via regular Air-Mail, option 3.
1) Express Mail: The I-20 is express mailed via eShip Global
(eShip Global is a private mail service company and is not affiliated with FIU. This company makes arrangements with DHL or Federal Express to have your I-20 express mailed to you and requires an additional fee paid directly to eShip Global.)
After completing the I-20 Delivery Preference Form, the student creates an account with eShip Global following the instructions below. Download and Print these instructions.
Register and activate your account with eShip Global. Registration and activation of your account is free.
- Click the "Receive" option.
- Type "Florida" in the search box, or select it from the drop down list.
- Select "Florida International University" and then "Continue."
- Select the specific university department and then "Continue."
- Complete the shipping form, use your Panther ID as the student ID number, and select "Ship/Quote."
Note: PO Box addresses are generally not preferred by express carriers. If entering a PO Box address, be sure you provide the complete physical address where the PO Box is located in order to avoid delays or missed deliveries.
- On the confirmation page, check your shipment details.
- On the same page, complete the credit card information form.
- Select "Confirm" to advance to the shipment summary page.
- Florida International University will automatically be notified by University Express Mail Services (eShipGlobal) that you have requested your documents to be shipped via express mail. You will receive a confirmation email from eShip Global with a tracking number so that you can track the shipment.
- Receive your documents in 3-5 business days from the date of mailing.
2) Pick-up: A friend or family member picks up the I-20 from the Graduate Admissions Office, PC 230
Once admitted, students provide the name and telephone number of the friend or family member by first completing the I-20 Delivery Preference Form. The Graduate Admissions Office will contact the person when the document is ready for pick-up. (IMPORTANT: The person picking up the document must provide official photo identification to the Graduate Admissions Office.)
3) Regular Air-Mail: The I-20 is sent via regular Air-Mail service by the Graduate Admissions Office.