Graduate Minority Opportunities Program (GMOP)
The State University System (SUS) has established a grant to assist minority students with their graduate education in areas where they have been traditionally underrepresented.
- Admission to FIU graduate school for the first time in the summer or fall semester of the award year.
- Enrollment for a minimum of six (6) credit hours.
- Minority students (American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, Black and Hispanic) who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
Amount of award:
$2,000 (non-renewable) *
July 1 of the award year.
* Recipients of the fellowship must attend various workshops.
It can be obtained in the University Graduate School or downloaded from our web site here.
McKnight Doctoral Fellowship Program
The Florida Education Fund (FEF) in Tampa, Florida provides fellowships for African American or Hispanic, US citizens to pursue Ph.D. degrees in the state of Florida.
Applicants must be African American or Hispanic, U.S. citizens ready to start their Ph.D. degree. The fellowship will be awarded only to persons who intend to seek the Ph.D. degree in participating universities. Eligible fields of study include Arts & Sciences, Business, Engineering, Health Sciences, Nursing, or the Visual and Performing Arts.
Full tuition up to $5,000 per year and an annual stipend of $12,000 from the Florida Education Fund; additionally, $10,000 from FIU's University Graduate School for Awardees.
January 15th of each year.
Applications must be filled out and submitted online through the Florida Education Fund's website at: www.fefonline.org/mdfapply/.
Delores Auzenne Fellowship
The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs and Diversity, in conjunction with the State University System, coordinates the Delores Auzenne Fellowship for minority graduate students.
Is restricted to minority students who meet the following criteria:
- Have been accepted as a degree seeking student into graduate (master or doctoral) disciplines where minority graduate students are disproportionately underrepresented
- Are either citizens or have been permanent residents (a copy of your card must be provided) of the United States
- Have been classified as a Florida resident for tuition purposes for at least 1 year preceding the award of aid (Florida Statute 1009.21)
- Have met the eligibility requirements of Section 240.404, Florida Statutes, for award of State financial aid
Amount of Award:
Up to $5,000 per year.
May 31st of each year.
For the application and additional information, please click here - The Delores Auzenne Fellowship.
Allison Gordon, Program Coordinator
Office of Equal Opportunity Programs and Diversity
11200 SW 8th Street, PC 215
Miami, Florida 33199
FIU McNair Graduate Fellowship (MNF)
Newly admitted doctoral or masters students who have participated in the McNair Scholars program at their undergraduate institution
- Four year award for doctoral students: An annual stipend of $23,000 plus tuition waiver and health insurance.
- Two year award for masters students: An annual stipend of $15,000 plus tuition waiver and health insurance
Fall semester only
Details and Forms:
MNF Details and Forms