Complete the checklist on the form and attach the required documentation, including:
- A copy of your class schedule to show proof of current enrollment in graduate credit hours.
- Authorization for committee members who have authorized the Department Chair to sign on his/her behalf, attach the authorization.
- A hard copy of the entire Dissertation/Thesis in standard UGS format.
- An electronic version of the same Dissertation/Thesis submitted with your D5/M3 in standard UGS format.
- A hard copy of the Dissertation/Thesis Defense Announcement in standard UGS format.
- An electronic version of the Dissertation/Thesis Defense Announcement to UGS as a Word document (send to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- **OPTIONAL** Two pages of the Turnitin Similarity Report (first and originality pages). See details in the form instructions, part 3.
The hard copy version of your Dissertation/Thesis is typically used by your academic deans to make any content suggestions they may have. The electronic version is used for formatting review. To submit your electronic version, you will receive instructions via email to upload to Digital Commons once your D5 and pertinent documents are received by UGS.
The form must be submitted to the UGS office at least 3 weeks before the proposed date of the defense or the UGS filing deadline, whichever date is earlier. The UGS deadline for Spring 2019 is Friday, March 8th.
Remember: Individual academic units may have internal deadlines that are earlier than the UGS deadline, so please check to ensure that all deadlines are met to allow sufficient time for approval and signature.